Save Status:
or to save your progress. The page will not refresh.
Answer Key:
Edit a Copy:
Make Your Own:
Crossword Word Search Worksheet
Rate This Puzzle:
Log in or sign up to rate this puzzle.

Metals I Vocabulary

the controlled shaping of metal by the force of a hammer.
The use of a saw frame and blade to create shapes from within a piece of sheet metal as opposed to coming in from the edge.
a clamp in the shape of the letter ā€œCā€
required for use in the metals lab to protect your eyes.
metal drawn out into the form of a thin flexible thread or rod
a hammer with a flat end and rounded end.
a tool with a point for making an indentation in an object to allow a drill to make a hole at the same spot without slipping
Scissor-like hand tool used to cut metal
the use of a hammer or similar impact tool to smooth a metal surface
Used to pierce metal in order to insert the saw blade into it
A specific type of cold join that usually involves using a cylindrical piece of metal such as a pin or hollow tube. They are slid through a snug hole and upset or bulged over on each end to lock pieces together.
a tool usually of hardened steel with cutting ridges for forming, shaping, or smoothing metal surfaces
a standard measure of dimensions used to describe the diameter or thickness of metal or wire
A yellowish alloy of copper and zinc,
Attaching two or more pieces of metal without the use of heat or glue
a chemical element with the symbol Cu (from Latin: cuprum) and atomic number 29
is a special type of paper made from an abrasive material.
A leather, rubber, or plastic "hammer" used to form, shape, bend, etc. metal with very little if any marking or denting of the surface.
metal formed into thin sheets, typically by rolling or hammering.
A method of joining two objects together by making the same size hole in each piece, passing a rod or a tube (that fits snugly) through both of the holes, cutting the top and the bottom of the rod/tube almost flush with the top and bottom of the objects, then pounding the top and bottom of the rod/tube to create a flat head that is bigger than the opening of the hole so that the rod/tube does not slip out of the hole on either side.
Stamps are short steel rods used to impress a pattern or texture into metal. They can be commercially bought or made.
a term used to describe metal that is bendable, able to be easily manipulated, or formed
Changing a normally smooth/shiny metal surface by either sanding or using another type of abrasive, chasing tool, chemical or heat, etc
A homogeneous mixture of two or more metals
a straight strip or cylinder of plastic, wood, metal, or other rigid material, typically marked at regular intervals, to draw straight lines or measure distances.